MHP’s counseling staff provides therapeutic counseling and teaches students parenting and life skills. Our behavioral health counselors provide individual, group, crisis and resources counseling. Counselors help students cope with life’s challenges and make community referrals to address basic needs such as housing, employment and childcare. Life skills classes help equip students with the skills they will need to manage their lives as a parent. Counselors document each student’s progress and identify any issues that may interfere with learning. Counselors provide career counseling and life coaching – and they help students make plans for post-secondary education and employment training. Focus on Fathers and Families (FOFF) activities are conducted to engage fathers, boyfriends, parents, grandparents, siblings and other special family members with our teen moms and their new families.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- Licensed counselors conduct therapeutic individual, group and crisis counseling.
- Individual psychosocial assessments are conducted at time of program entry.
- Community social service referrals address each student’s needs.
- A life skills curriculum prepares young moms to manage life’s challenges.
- “Focus on Fathers and Families” social gatherings and educational activities are conducted.